What can I recycle?
- Fluorescent tubes (straight, curved, U, circular, square etc.)
- UV and germicidal lamps
- Incandescent and halogen bulbs
- Compact fluorescent lights (CFLs)
- Light emitting diodes (LEDs)
- Ultra High Performance (UHP) lamps (replacement projector lamps)
- High-intensity discharge lamps (HIDs)
Lighting fixtures including:
- Bike Lights
- Ceiling Fixtures
- Floor lamps
- Light Strings (e.g. xmas lights)
- Outdoor fixtures
- Recessed/pot lights
- Security lights
- Table and Desk Lamps
- Wall fixtures
- Work lights
Why should I recycle?
By recycling your used lamp and lighting products, you divert hazardous waste from your local landfills and help the environment. You also reduce the need for raw materials to manufacture new products.
LightRecycle is the BC fluorescent lights recycling program established by ReGeneration.
Where can I recycle?
Drop off your end-of-life lamp and lighting equipment, free of charge at over 450 LightRecycle drop-off locations. Bring them to our Mclaren Locations.
Handle fluorescent lights carefully.
What happens to it?
LightRecycle strives to recycle 100% of the material recovered. The collected lamps and lights are crushed under safe conditions, then the glass and metal are recycled and the mercury-phosphor is sent for retort (a heating process that recovers useable mercury).