About the Job
We are hiring a full-time on-site Receptionist to join our team. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, reliable, flexible, friendly, and hardworking. If you bring passion and positivity every day to what you do, then please click on apply.
Job Purpose (WHY):
The receptionist is an important member of our fun, fast-paced showroom environment. You’ll help to deliver extraordinary customer service by being the first point of contact for our clients by phone, email or in-person encounters.
What Success Looks Like
By 6 Months
- You understand and are comfortable with all phone procedures, follow-up calls and how to direct customers.
- You have a good grasp of Windward and the functions used for calls, reminders, looking up orders and customer information.
- You can operate the radio for stock checks, sales help, carry-outs and request for fixture light-ups.
By 12 Months
- You are fully proficient with Windward and able to execute transactions easily.
- You can perform receptions duties with minimum supervision.
- You established a good system to monitor and replenish the catalogues, office, or cleaning supplies.
Answering Calls – All calls are answered and screened in a timely manner and customers calls are directed to the proper department. Take messages when necessary and be sure they are delivered to the correct person.
Customers in-store – Direct and make sure all customers who approach the front counter are greeted and helped in a timely manner.
Filled slips – Customers are called when their orders are filled, and reminders are set. Focus on getting orders shipped as soon as possible. Acts proactively and escalates unresolved issues to the Manager
Administration Duties – Monitor, organize and order supplies, for both office and cleaning products. Track and maintain cleaning schedules to make sure they are done in a timely fashion. Perform the daily cleaning schedule for all areas of the store.
A/R Duties – When A/R is away, process payments on account with accuracy or call account clients for late payments and oversee accounts. Responsible for follow up petty cash and gas card as per instructions
What we are looking for:
- Proven work experience as a Receptionist, Administrative Assistant, or similar role
- Experience in using phone systems, printers, copiers, and familiarity with MS Word and Excel.
- Solid written and verbal in-person and phone communication skills
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Able to maintain filing systems and basic databases.
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
What Mclaren Lighting offers:
- Competitive salary
- Extended health care
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Life insurance
- Free on-site parking
- Paid time off
- Store discount